Continuing strong! Remember that this menu only outlines the main courses, and that through out the day you should be drinking plenty of water, and as much fruit and vegetables as you want if you get hungry.
- Smoothie w/ 1 scoop of your detox powder
- Piece of fruit
- Mexican Rice and Beans (recipe below)
- handful of raw nuts
- hummus and veggies
- Grilled portobello burgers with sweet potato fries (recipe below)
- Smoothie with ice, almond milk, fruit, and 1 scoop of powder
Mexican Rice & Beans
- Use leftover rice from stir fry on day 1 if any, otherwise make white rice
- Drain a can of black beans and combine in a bowl with chopped onion, chopped red pepper, 1 jalapeno chopped (remove seeds if you don't like spicy), 1 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Serve warm bean mixture over rice, and sprinkle with chopped avacado, cilantro, and tabasco (optional)
Portobella Burgers & Sweet Potato Fries
- Heat your grill to "medium heat"
- Peel sweet potato and chop into the shape of fries
- put potatoes in a bowl and coat lightly with safflower oil (olive oil is fine), dried rosemary, and a sprinkle of sea salt
- Also lightly coat your mushrooms in balsamic vinegar then drizzle with safflower or olive oil
- For extra flavor, cut a red bell pepper into large pieces to put on the grill as well
- Put everything on the grill for 10-15min or until fries are crispy on the outside, and soft on the inside
- Serve portobella on 2 slices of toasted gluten free bread with dijon mustard, the red pepper, and lettuce with "fries" on the side!